SV DECA Advisors,
As a reminder; the registration materials for the Silicon Valley District Career Development Conference are live and posted on the California DECA Website: https://californiadeca.org/conferences/district-conferences/ Once you are on that page be sure you select “Silicon Valley” to ensure you are on the correct conference page.
The registration deadline is November 26, 2019. Note: The registration deadline falls on the Tuesday of the week of Thanksgiving. If your chapter will be out that week please submit all registration materials prior to departing for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Please review the Registration Guide carefully to be sure you don’t miss any elements of the registration process.
A few important details regarding the Silicon Valley CDC:
- The Conference is in new location this year. We will be at the Santa Clara Marriott: 2700 Mission College Blvd., Santa Clara, CA 95054
- All registration materials MUST be submitted to California DECA and the Santa Clara Marriott by the registered chapter advisor. As a reminder of our policies: Due to the size and structure of California DECA administrative requests will only be accepted from the registered chapter advisor. Students (whether a chapter officer or otherwise) should not contact California DECA or DECA Inc. to address administrative matters. This includes, but is not limited to, administrative items such as: registering for a conference, submitting hotel registration or working with hotels, paying registration fees or hotel fees, adding/dropping a student or changing an event for a student, changes to the DECA Inc. membership system, payment questions and follow-up, etc. Students must work through their chapter advisor for all administrative needs. Only requests from the registered chapter advisor will be accepted by California DECA state staff and DECA, Inc. staff. If students do contact these parties for administrative purposes, they will be directed back to their registered chapter advisor.
- As with any conference the planning and implementation is a big undertaking. In order to ensure the success of the conference we need your help. Each chapter must provide 1 alumni (professional member works if no alumni available) for each 10 students registered for the conference to assist with running events (alumni assistance is needed both on Friday evening and during the day on Saturday).
- Don’t forget that the conference registration fee and hotel registration fee are separate and separate payments are to be sent to SV DECA and the Santa Clara Marriott respectively. See the checklist on Page 3 of the conference registration packet for more details.
- Please pay close attention to the deadlines in the registration packet. All deadlines (including change deadlines) will be strictly enforced.
- The Hotel Registration Forms must be emailed to the Santa Clara Marriott no later than November 26, 2019. Please do not fax them. They have requested that they only be emailed to the email address included on the form.
Please don’t forget that All advisors are responsible for the information included in the CA DECA Conference Policies and Procedures packet which outlines all official policies and procedures related to participation in a CA DECA event; including this conference.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again everyone.