The registration materials for the State CDC have been uploaded to the State Conference page on the California DECA Website.
Please note a few important reminders for this year’s conference:
- Our State Conference begins on FRIDAY this year and will end on MONDAY morning. We will have a Recognition Session on Sunday night and our Grand Awards Session on Monday morning. See the Tentative Agenda at the end of the Quick Registration guide on the website for more details.
- We are back in Santa Clara for this year’s State Conference and will be using multiple hotels. ALL hotel reservations and payments will be sent to California DECA and California DECA will process the rooming lists and make hotel assignments. We have a specific number of rooms at each hotel and need to assign so that all chapters have the rooms they need at the same hotel. Do not contact hotels directly.
- As a reminder; when we are in Santa Clara, we do not provide shuttle busses between hotels and the Santa Clara Convention Center. All guests will be responsible for their own transportation between the hotel and the convention center. Please plan accordingly. If you have a chapter member with special needs that limit their mobility please complete FORM F - Special Needs and submit by the registration deadline.
- We will again submit Written Events ONLINE and PRIOR To the conference this year. Please note: The Written Event Submission Deadline is: February 6, 2020. Complete instructions and details are included in the conference registration materials posted on the Website.
- All written projects will be reviewed and judged online prior to the conference. Presentations will take place in person on site at the State Career Development Conference. The judge who hears the presentation on site at the conference may not be the same judge who reviewed the project online prior to the conference. Competitors are welcome to bring a copy of their project with them to use during their presentation.
- In some limited circumstances a written project may need to be printed and judged on site at the conference. On site printing will be done by the California DECA Management Team and will only be done in black and white. Requests for printing in color will not be accommodated, but participants are welcome to bring a copy of their project with them to use during their presentation.
- As a reminder; the Conference Registration Deadline is January 30, 2020.
- The tentative conference schedule is included in the registration packet. Please note that testing begins at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 28th. All chapters must arrive by this time so that they can participate in testing. Dress for testing on Friday ONLY will be business casual since many chapters will be arriving just in time to take exams. Specific events that test during sessions will be determined after the registration deadline so that we can allocate testing according to participation counts in each event. Professional dress as outlined in the Dress Code will apply for all other sessions/competitions.
- There will be NO CHANGES allowed after 5:00PM on Thursday, February 6, 2020. After this date if you have a student drop you can substitute another student in their place, but the new student must compete in the exact same event. No event changes, no name changes (spelling corrections or otherwise), and no additions will be allowed after this date.