As a reminder; the registration materials for the SoCal District Career Development Conference are live and posted on the California DECA Website: http://californiadeca.org/conferences/district-conferences Once you are on that page be sure you select “SoCal” to ensure you are on the correct conference page.
The registration deadline is November 26, 2019. Note: The registration deadline falls on the Tuesday of the week of Thanksgiving. If your chapter will be out that week please submit all registration materials prior to departing for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Please review the Registration Guide carefully to be sure you don’t miss any elements of the registration process.
A few important details regarding the SoCal CDC:
- As requested, we are continuing the two day/one night option for this year’s So Cal CDC. The conference is still three days/two nights following our standard format, but based on advisor requests we are testing a two day/one night optional experience this year. Please carefully read the registration materials for more details and be sure that your hotel reservations clearly indicate which format you are choosing (3 days/2 nights or 2 days/1 night).
- As was the case last year, we are again enforcing a minimum registration requirement for events. See Page 4 of the registration packet for details.
- Don’t forget that the conference registration fee and hotel registration fee are separate and separate payments are to be sent to SoCal DECA and the Delta Hotels by Marriott Anaheim/Garden Grove respectively. See the conference registration packet for more details.
- Please note that while we will have a social activity on Saturday evening for students to participate in, food will not be provided. Chapters are responsible for making their own plans for dinner on Saturday evening and are then encouraged to join for the evening social activity.
- Please pay close attention to the deadlines in the registration packet. All deadlines (including change deadlines) will be strictly enforced.
- The Hotel Registration Forms must be emailed to Patty Burns at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Anaheim/Garden Grove no later than November 26, 2019. Please do not fax them. They request that they only be emailed to the email address included on the form.
- Written Events are not offered at the SoCal CDC, but we will have Written Event coaching sessions available for students. More details on the Written Event coaching sessions will be shared after the registration deadline.
Please don’t forget that all advisors are responsible for the information included in the CA DECA Conference Policies and Procedures packet which outlines all official policies and procedures related to participation in a CA DECA event; including this conference.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again everyone.