TOPICS IN TODAY'S E-BLAST
- SCDC No Changes Deadline – February 6, 2020
- Pending vs Member Status Reminder
- Teach DECA Updates: Prep and Practice
- DECA Direct: Rock the DECA Exam
- Calendar Alert: Written Event Deadline is February 6, 2020
- Teach DECA Drip: SCDC Prep Day Resources
SCDC NO CHANGES DEADLINE - FEBRUARY 6, 2020
The final change deadline, no exceptions, for making any changes or drops is February 6, 2020 at 5:00PM. No additions and no changes to hotel lists are allowed. After February 6, drops and/or substitutions must be submitted onsite using Form E.
PENDING VS MEMBER STATUS REMINDER
When you go into the membership portal, are your students showing with a little box next to their name, as "pending" or as a "member"? If a little box is next to their name, they have NOT been submitted as a member...they are just sitting in the system. The box has to be selected and the red submit membership button has to be clicked for them to become a member. Keep an eye on your membership information dropdown to make sure you don't exceed your tier level maximum! If "pending" is showing, DECA Inc. has not received payment yet; a follow up email or call to your accounts payable department to check on the status of payment might be a good idea. If they are showing as "member", yeah! You are good to go! :) Thank you!
TEACH DECA UPDATE: PREP AND PRACTICE
Now that registration has been submitted, it is time to buckle down for some serious prep and practice. Keep in mind all of the great resources in Unit Two of Teach DECA:
- Practice tests for each exam category (the more they take, the more familiar they will become with the questions!)
- Sample role plays for every event and a variety of instructional areas - great for bell work!
- Written Event webinar
- Perfect the Presentation webinar
DECA DIRECT: ROCK THE DECA EXAM - by Sam Sawale, WRVP
It’s competition season! While this can be a nerve-racking time, it is also an excellent opportunity to fine-tune your skills. I know one thing that I consistently struggled with when competing was the exam requirement for many events. Here's what I've learned.
CALENDAR ALERT: WRITTEN EVENT DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 6, 2020
All 20 and 10 page written events must be submitted online by 5:00PM February 6. 2020. Be sure you do the following:
- Watch the How to Avoid Penalty Points webinar (don't wait until February 6 to watch this!)
- Include a Statement of Assurances and Academic Integrity as the first page
- Follow the guidelines on Form D
TEACH DECA DRIP: SCDC PREP DAY RESOURCES
Located in Unit Five of Teach DECA are resources to host a Prep Day on your campus for SCDC. This activity can be done after school or on a Saturday. If a Prep Day is more than you want to take on, use this handy Sign-Off sheet and have your students schedule their own practice sessions.